9/16/10

Sewing 101: Coffee Coozies

Our co-shared blog is looking a little bias don't you think?  I must apologize to those who are interested in Ryan's highlights, I seem to be taking over!


My second attempt at these coffee coozies was much much better than the first (not documented for good reason).  This was the first project I took on with my sewing machine and found out the hard way that mini Janome does not enjoy sewing over elastic hair ties.

The original tutorial from House on a Hill Road was really easy to understand.  After my first go and the awful mess I made with the hair ties I decided to sew 2 buttons on the coozy instead of 1 and just wrap the hair tie around the buttons (instead of sewing them into the material as directed).  So much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment