The bloomers are complete!
The last few steps included casings for the elastic in both legs and waist.
...and cute little bows.
Things I learned:
- Picking the appropriate material is huge. I think I will go back with a cotton blend and give the pattern another try. I already have some cute polka dots in mind. The silky material I used was pretty tricky business.
- How to cut a pattern appropriately. Really, I knew nothing going into this project!
- What "casing" means.
- That I'm not a great Skype communicator when I'm sewing. Like, at all. Intense concentration folks! But I did enjoy having a buddy working with me.
- To make adjustments depending on my machine, which I think will be super important in my future sewing endeavors. I love my mini Janome, but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as most machines. As Tim Gunn says, "make it work"! And we did.