4/7/11

Our Community Garden: ground breaking


Community gardening has about a million great things going for it:  Food instantly becomes unaffordable for one.  And a group of people working together for a common goal has great appeal - it's empowering, don't you think?  Unlike most community gardens which are publically functiontioning, ours is a little more intimate.  As in, we get to play in a friend's backyard!  Living in an apartment is stifling in the springtime.  "Must.  Get.  Outside."  This was the perfect opportunity.

I can't wait for those tomatos and strawberries.  Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmmm. 
As you can see, we're quite far from picking our earnings, so more details to come...

4 comments:

  1. We have a community garden around the corner from my home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My work has a community garden. I always wanted to participate but I seem to kill all plants- even cacti. Can't wait to see how yours develops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a great concept....I lived near on in Seattle and I thought it was marvelous!
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jealous! for now, fresh markets will have to do for me. but a garden would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete