12/6/11

Birthday Weekend

Around our house, we have birthday weekends.  And I have to say, my first birthday celebrated in Colorado was pretty grand.  Friday night Ryan and I went to a fancy-schmancy work party (free food? okay!).  Saturday morning I had an early birthday brunch with some friends, a bit of relaxin' at home, then off to the alumni bar to watch our alma mater kick some bedlam booty!  It.  was.  awesome.  Sunday, we tried out a new church (thanks to the neat blogging world - Hi Hannah!), I grabbed coffee with a friend, and that night we made cookies and listened to Christmas music; all during a mini blizzard!

I'm very grateful for the friends we've made here in Denver.

And my far-away friends and family whom I miss dearly made me feel so loved.  It was a great day, indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Birthday WEEKENDS? That sounds awesome! Haha. Glad it was a good one. :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable in that hat! I wish the East Coast was getting some snow, it would complete the Christmas feeling, this 60 degrees and rain isn't much fun.

    Sounds like you had a perfect birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a blast! We have some free party food coming our way Thursday. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that meal with the asparagus looks so delish.
    i like the idea of a birthday weekend, i think i'm going to adopt it.
    happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete